Spring has official arrived -- or so it appeared, for a time. The cherry blossoms popped up over a week ago, all around the Washington, D.C. area. Shane and I made a trip to see them around the tidal basin near the Jefferson Memorial in all their glory last Saturday. Simply gorgeous. Shane brought his camera and just kept snapping. The sun hasn't been back out much this past week but the blossoms are hanging in there, so hopefully I can snap a few more shots myself before they disappear for another year.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Cherry Blossoms in the District
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Ivy!! I wish we could go up there to see all the beautiful blossoms...but, I guess we'll have to wait a year. What we have down here isn't too different though..., I guess. (:
p.s. what are your long term plans you guys??!!
Ivy!! I wish we could go up there to see all the beautiful blossoms...but, I guess we'll have to wait a year. What we have down here isn't too different though..., I guess. (:
p.s. what are your long term plans you guys??!!
oopsy..
How beautiful! I want to come visit so Bad
Ives -- we LOVE cherry blossoms! (Macon is the 2nd largest capital in the US- even have a festival!) -- I LOVE the picture of Shane in your sunglasses - makes me think of the times Jonathan has worn mine :) Love you guys - Rach
i love those cherry blossoms and i am so jealous that i live in the dessert.
Those pics are gorgeous! I wish we had just a smidge of that kind of beauty around here. Why are all of our trees still bare? You guys are cute - I loved the shot of you and your banana!
hey ivy. i linked to you through rachel's blog. how are you? i love chery blossoms. what have yall been up to lately?
Post a Comment