Not sure I should be admitting I turned 26 this year but oh well. I wanted to write about the day, but just barely got this photo off of Shane's phone.
My birthday was on a Sunday and it was the weekend before Shane's law school finals so I have to say I wasn't expecting too much. I told Shane I didn't want him to worry about celebrating till the weekend after. But, somehow, after church in the morning and then counting tithing and attending a review session at school and then going home teaching, Shane showed up at our door at dinnertime with a chocolate cake in his hands! So while I put the finishing touches on dinner he whipped up some frosting. He also had a whole pile of gifts he'd hidden away from me. I couldn't believe my eyes. Just because I had insisted several times that he really didn't need to do anything that weekend.
So all in all it was a special day. And my sweet parents followed up with some gorgeous flowers (ProFlowers.com churns out gorgeous, long-lasting arrangements).
Many thanks to my wonderful husband and family and friends who made my birthday a special day -- whether with a card or call or surprise. Also, many thanks to Shane's cake bakers -- our neighbors and friends, the Castors -- the cake was one of the best I've ever had.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Flashback:Ivy's 26th Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment