so i really think there are some cute arrangements in here -- with the cool vintage plates and such. however, i was looking over the pics and then it hit me: this is totally a rip-off of canarian style (and probably several other hispanic cultures) where plates on the wall are the norm.
i remember that being so weird to see them on houses -- inside and out -- when first arrived in the canary islands as a missionary. but after a while, it really grew on me. i think i like these arrangements because they take old-school antiques and give them a modern arrangement.
has anyone ever attempted something like this? am i a dork to think it's kind of cool?
Friday, August 28, 2009
decorating canarian-style
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think it is cool. I really like it. I have seen a couple of homes with this kind of decorating, and loved it.
I LOVE this style too and I already have some plates saved to put on my wall. The only thing is Drew doesn't like it, but I'm wearing him down.
Ivy - Plate walls are very pretty! I have a friend who is all about plate walls, too. Here is her blog... http://haydee-everythinginitsplace.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-plate-wall.html
She has a picture of her plate wall :)
Post a Comment