Yesterday our sweet baby boy officially got his name added to his birth certificate paperwork so we figure it's time to announce it to the world.
"Pierce" is a name Shane suggested that grew on me overtime. We like the meaning a lot. Like the name "Peter" it means "rock" and "steadfast." As for "Shane," it's pretty obvious where that one came from, but it was I who felt strongly that this baby ought to have his dad's name.
For those keeping count, it took us about two weeks to name Christian as well. In both cases, it came down to two names but was still a difficult decision for us. Next time maybe we'll just post a poll up on the blog -- save us the stress. ;)

So far he's pretty mellow. He loves to snuggle, eat and sleep. He does not love being stripped of his clothing or having his diaper changed. He rarely cries but when he does he works himself into a chin-quivering panic that makes you want to drop everything and come running.

6 comments:
Precious pictures. I can't wait to see him in person!
yeah for a strong name! hope you're doing well!
Just love him, and you. We really need to catch up, I miss you so much!
So precious! Another little miracle added to your family. We love you and look so forward to one day getting some cuddles. Lots of 'um.
He is breathtaking Ivy! We are so excited for you guys! Much love! Auntie Heather
So cute! I love the pictures.
Post a Comment