Monday, February 13, 2012

blessing day

 Our sweet Pierce was given a name and a blessing last week at church (for friends and associates unfamiliar with LDS ordinances, you can find more info here).

Not only was Pierce's name added to the records of the church, Shane was also able to give him a blessing from his Heavenly Father. A sweet peacefulness settled over me as I heard Shane emphasize that Pierce would be a witness of Jesus Christ, sharing the gospel through word and deed. It was a powerful reminder that I have a responsibility to raise both of our boys in love and righteousness and with firm testimonies of their Savior and His Atonement so they realize their full potential. I'm in awe of the explosion of love I feel for both Christian and Pierce and I'm so grateful their sweet spirits are
entrusted to our care.
Yes, Pierce has his Dad's hair. For now. ;)
(I'm sad we had to take these photos indoors but it was FREEZING outside!) 
 Aunt Janny made it out for the big day. We were so glad to have her.
I just love Pierce's expressions and how he loves to clasp his hands.

 My cousin Domineau made the trek from Pentagon City for the occasion as well. So glad she did.

6 comments:

Tiana said...

Hey! How come you didn't tell us? Cute pictures.

Megan Guerrero said...

cute! I can't believe you actually got a picture of Shane!! haha... Janalynn is looking really good, I thought she was Kayla for a sec :)

The Gilberts said...

Pierce has his daddy's eyes! Wow, so similar. When is Shane going to start smiling?

ivyjeanne said...

Shane's decided that's his smile -- the manly, non-smile -- I actually think it works at this point. It took me a while to accept it but the more I thumb through magazines I realize most men don't do the big grin and pull it off.

Darla said...

Wish we could have come!! I love that baby, Ivy...really, he's just so sweet. Cole used to clasp his hands like that. :)

Laura said...

What a face!! Pierce sure looked handsome on his special day! You are a beautiful family of FOUR!