Thursday, March 22, 2012

shedding

My hair is a disaster these days. Wait, I take that back I am a disaster these days. But my hair certainly isn't helping matters.

It all started falling out around the 12 week mark, which I expected, but Pierce will be 17 weeks on Monday and there's no end in sight. I just pulled what was probably a sixth of my hair on my head when I woke up this morning off the back of my cardigan while I was in the ladies' room. So gross.

What's really sad is I never had all that much going on in the first place. People are always saying I look like my mom but I definitely didn't get her thick, lustrous hair.

Oh, and the rise in humidity levels definitely isn't helping things. My hair doesn't know whether to be straight or curly these days so it's a yucky, in-between fuzz.

Okay, done with my rant. For now.

5 comments:

Tiana said...

That is the worst. My sister and I agree that getting a nice haircut usually helps for some reason. If not just to make you feel better. :) I am hoping this time around that already having short hair will help me not notice me losing it all as much. :)

Janey said...

Are you still taking prenatals?? That and omega 3s are supposed to help!!! That being said, nothing helped me the first time around ...you're still beautiful, always!!

Tara Ann said...

I know just how you feel Ivy. I take vitamins and Omegas and eat pretty healthy and I am still shedding; my baby is 7 months old.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

I FEEL your pain! Mine never starts falling out until around 16-18 weeks (right at the baby's 4 month mark!) And this time seemed as bad as ever! My hair is FINALLY starting to grow back - and I don't like this part either with 1 million tiny hairs all around my face - oh what we do to bring those little bundles of joy into our families!! Hugs to ya ;)

Laura said...

Oh, I hear ya! I dread taking a shower for this very reason. I could have a nice wig by now if I had saved it all! :)