It's been two weeks since we spent an evening with the cherry blossoms but the memory still makes me smile. It was truly the perfect night. Even the traffic was cooperative. We found parking down behind the Jefferson (great spot because it's hidden from the tourists) and entered the breathtaking scene of D.C.'s famous cherry blossoms at their peak (which, by the way, turned 100 this year!).
Between our Potbelly sandwiches (and let's be honest, Potbelly cookies -- which just might be the best non-homemade chocolate chip cookies available) and our gorgeous surroundings, it was definitely one of those nights where we're reminded of how lucky we are to have lived and experienced life in D.C.
I know I should be better at editing these photos down but Katy had fun with the camera and captured so many pretty shots that I want to share them all.


5 comments:
I absolutely love all the shots. It is like I was there. I love it. You look beautiful. Miss you guys so much!
Love all of your pictures!!
Such gorgeous pictures! And a very happy birthday to your big guy tomorrow! Oh Ivy, I just love you. Your hair may be falling out, but mine is definitely starting to show the grey strands. I saw you possibly found your first one the other day, and I'm sorry to be happy about it ;). LeRand says I need to start highlighting it, that it's getting bad. At least I'll soon have you near to share hair woes with. ;)
What beautiful pics!! I was wondering who that was walking with Shane..what a wonderful night. :)
We feel lucky to live out here, too.
Post a Comment