A week from today, I (Ivy) start my new job as communications advisor to Sen. Jim DeMint (R.) of South Carolina. After covering Capitol Hill for a year and a half as a member of the media, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd cross over and actually work on the Hill but the offer, with all of its opportunities for challenge and growth, was too enticing to pass up. My focus will be on new media -- dealing first and foremost with the senator's official Web site. It's a new spot for a Hill staffer, so I'm pretty much the guinea pig. Wish me luck.
Hopefully Shane and I will see a little more of each other since he is still working full time for Rep. Mike Simpson (R.) of Idaho, dealing mostly with agricultural and natural resource issues, while attending evening classes George Washington law school (I have no idea how he does it, folks). The plan is to carpool most days into work and from there eat lunch together now and again.
So there you have it: a married couple of "Hill rats" -- as my dad teasingly calls congressional staffers -- is what we will be. Or, you know, just another Washington "power couple," as we like to joke -- since the world so needs a few more of those.
Monday, September 10, 2007
A Couple of Hill Rats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ives! Congrats on your new job. You are always aspiring to new and exciting things in life. I'm so happy that you will be able to spend more time with Shane. Sounds like a lot of fun! Have a nice last week off :) -- Rach
Post a Comment