Wednesday, September 26, 2007

South Carolina in Ivy's Mind

My first week in Sen. DeMint's press office we had a staff retreat down in Charleston. It was my first time down South, my first time swimming in the Atlantic ocean, and my first time eating black-eyed peas and fried green tomatoes. Oh, and my first time dancing the Shag -- South Carolina's state dance.

Here are a few pictures I managed to snap during my stay:

downtown Charleston after a lunch with the ladies


steps leading up to pool outside our rooms


beach outside the Wild Dunes resort

Atlantic ocean: kinda gray but warmer than I thought


proof I got my toes in the water -- before I dunked all the way under

1 comment:

cameron said...

looks like a fun place!!!! glad you posted pics...the water is super warm isn't it. You should both go to Ocean city MD one weekend or just for the day..it's warm and a fun place in the summer!!!