The storms out East this year seem especially fierce. I know they are pretty well known for being so, but this year is the worst I've seen for sure. A storm rolls in just about weekly. It will be all hot and humid and the clouds gather and then the thunder starts and in less than a minute it can go from no rain at all to an all-out dangerous downpour. My first summer out here I remember the garage of our apartment building flooded -- including several cars themselves -- but it was only like a week or so of wetness -- nothing as perpetual as this summer's set of storms.
I enjoy the storms when I'm home, cuddled up on the couch and can open the windows to hear the incredible cracks of thunder and the whips of lightning. But when you get caught driving in them (and suddenly you can't see the road in front of you), or you get caught walking outside at work and end up with your suit completely soaked through (true experience, just a few weeks back), then it's not so fun anymore.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
East Coast Storms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Agreed! The storms always come at the wrong time. Always when I'm walking to or from work! And there's no way around it!
sounds better than what we've got here right now...although if we were to have more lightening storms it could be really bad. Anyways! How are YOU???? Dillon says you are coming for a visit...is that true????? CALL ME!
Post a Comment