On Sunday, June 29, Shane and I celebrated one year as a married couple. We met up in beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyo. for the weekend, spend a few days in Yellowstone and then the Bozeman, Mont. and Rexburg, Idaho during the next week.
They say the first year is the hardest but to be honest, Shane and I agree that our first year together didn't bring the difficult adjustments and surprises that many couples describe facing. Maybe we just got lucky but I don't know that I've ever been happier.
The biggest challenge by far was our wrestle with the decision of whether to stay or go -- and finally this last week we were able to feel peace about sticking it out in Virginia for a few more years while Shane continues his studies at The George Washington University. We're excited to have more time to explore the East Coast -- in many ways we didn't feel like we were done -- but we'll miss the West and look forward to moving out that way one day and live a bit closer to our families.
So here's to you, my handsome husband. And here's to another year of adventure. Sure do love you. Very much so.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
One-Year Wedding Anniversary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Ivy!! Goose bumps. How sweet was that? I'm happy you two are staying. That's great. Hopefully we'll make it back out to the beautiful east that we've grown to love. Congrats on a year!
We're so glad you're staying! Will it be Edlandria? I hope so. I know what you mean about adjusting...Trev and I found that it really seemed natural. Perhaps all those roommates and companions make for an easier first year? Happy Anniversary!
So all this time I've thought you've just had a veggie blog, and now i find THIS!! Oh happy day! I must continue reading but maybe when Lin realizes she is the last person on EARTH (that I care about) who doesn't have a blog then she'll cave and join the wonderfully addicting world of blogging that answers nearly all of one's questions concerning the well-being of friends and greatly decreases the usage of cell phone minutes. Oh cute Ivy, how I do miss you. Blogging will never come close to making real memories but at least it makes me feel a little more involved in your life, haha! Love you, Hermana!
Ives and Shane!! Congrats on a whole year ... and I'm glad you were able to spend your anniversary in my favorite place EVER ... you should've stopped by to see Cynth ... she still asks about you guys! Love ya... miss ya - Rach
Congratulations on your first year!! It sure went by fast! Glad to know that you guys like where you're at and what you're doing.
Next time you are out this way, please let me know. Not that we would have crashed your anniversary weekend, but we would really love to see you guys.
We need to catch up big time - I think it's my turn to call.
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment