Sunday, March 29, 2009

west wing tour

outside the oval office, overlooking rose garden

we made it through a white house west wing tour today -- so now shane says the baby can come any time. ;) i think he was just nervous that my water would break while we were scoping out the oval office and he'd be blacklisted from ever working near the white house again.

i wasn't sure i'd be up to the task after the past few days of being so sick but everything went much better than i imagined. it probably didn't hurt that it was simply a gorgeous spring day -- complete with blue skies, sunshine and a pleasant breeze.

here are just a few pics of our adventure. sadly, the one i was most excited about (me posing with a cnn microphone) didn't really turn out.

new podium and backdrop (all redone since i was here last time with actual press credentials)

chillin' in the white house press seats

3 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

How exciting! I'm glad you're still hanging in there... hope to see an exciting post soon! I think the baby just wants to share his birthday month with you!

Megan Guerrero said...

oh ivy you cute little prego you... i'm glad your water didn't break in there, but how cool would that be to have your baby in the white house? haha...i'll bet Obama would give a little speech about it :)

Darla said...

Hope this doesn't bother you, me saying this, but you're TINY Ivy!! I was SO huge with my first. I guess you carry your babies differently (lucky you!). How fun that you got to do the tour. Geof. will be super jealous when I tell him...and of course, we're super jealous that you're out there..and we're not! We miss the east much more than we thought we would. Love you! Good luck with delivery!