I've been a total frump lately.
And for that, I feel like I should take a moment to apologize publicly.
Phew. I just had to get that off my chest.
I realize those most affected by my frumpiness are my loving husband and son, but my coworkers, neighbors, and friends have had to suffer because of my sorry-ness as well.
Maybe it's just the winter blues but no part of me -- my hair, skin, nails, make-up, etc. -- seem to be cooperating lately. It's downright embarrassing. (I'm seriously ready to star on an Oprah-makeover show. Too bad she's just finished filming her last episode!)
I know, I know -- "it's the inside that counts" and I DO believe that. But you gotta admit, how you feel you look on the outside has a definite impact on your confidence level and relationships with those around you.
Hoping I can pull out of this rut soon...but in the meantime, know that if I've been a bit unsocial it really is me, not you.
{Note: This post is in NO WAY to garner some back-handed compliments. Just voicing what I've been feeling for the past few weeks.}
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
frumpy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We should go get our eyebrows threaded and do spray-on tan...I could use a little sprucing up myself:)
Chica, I have known you almost all my life, and you NEVER look frumpy. But I agree, the winter blahs are getting old, and we could all use some sprucing up.
???? I find all this hard to believe with out a photo-- unless you're gaining weight, weight gain is an automatic frumpiness factor because then you can't wear your cute clothes! I'm eager to shrink into my wardrobe again!
Go blonde! Get some serious hi-lights and a tan.
Post a Comment