On Sunday, May 15, Shane graduated from law school.
After four long years of year-round school (he worked full time by day and went to class at night, which meant he always had summer classes too), this day was definitely greeted with a sigh of relief by both of us (and probably Christian too). Shane's sister, Nancy, joined us to celebrate.Despite Shane's insistence that the ceremony was no big deal, that any idiot can graduate from law school after getting in, and that passing the bar is the event to be celebrated, I couldn't help but tear up when I spotted him in the crowd and waved to him with Christian in my arms.
Don't let this cute little guy fool you. Christian didn't sit for one second of the diploma ceremony. We even left the building for a bit during the keynote speaker's address to get him a milkshake (I was hoping something cold might slow him down). But it was all worth it when I was able to hand him off to Shane and they picked up his diploma together.Law school has been our entire married life. That's all we know how to do together. Guess we'll have to get some new hobbies. ;)
These pictures completely crack me up. Christian is sitting on a hippo (wish you could see it better) and he's making what he believes to be hippo sounds (and faces, supposedly).
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
graduation day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
YEAH! I'm sure many fun adventures lie ahead for your fantastic family! Congrats you guys!
What a HUGE accomplishment!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you and Shane!
I feel for you chicky. I still remember the awesomeness of CJs graduation. That was our whole married life, too, plus three kids! Don't worry, now he gets to be a first year lawyer.
So, when are we going to party now that Shane is free??
And Super Congrats to Shane. I don't care what he says, it is a big deal!!!!!!
Such a big day! What are your plans now? I hope we get to see you all again in September...
Congrats! That is a big accomplishment and it will be nice to have him around more.
Hooray!!!!! I know the feeling (except I only had to deal with 3 years). I'm sure you will adjust fine to the new life; it can't be any more hours than he has already been putting in, can it??? (well, I know it can actually, but hopefully not for you guys). Enjoy the time you have before the studying for the bar gets really intense. Good luck with your changes.
Congratulations!!! That is SO exciting! We have a year left...can't wait! :)
Post a Comment