Thursday, May 17, 2012

word of the week: never


It's not a new word for Christian but it's definitely the "it" word all of the sudden and it's starting to drive me crazy.

"Never!" only is sounds like "Ne-er!" because he doesn't get the "v" in there yet.

Most conversations these days go something like this:

"Christian, can you run and use the potty for me before we go?"

"Never, never, never!" as he circles the house on his scooter.

"Christian, can you come to the table for dinner?"

"Never! I never!" still circling the house on his scooter.

"Christian, let's get your pajamas on and we can read some stories."

"Nope, never, never!" (yes, he's on the scooter again...maybe the real problem is...the scooter?)

I made the mistake of telling him his theme song should be "Never, Say, Never" -- you know, the song from "An American Tale"? "Never, say, never....never, say, never...again!"

What's funny is when you read the words they are my perfect message to him but the song is in a totally different context.

Now he thinks he's cute by singing it to me:

"Never....say never! Never....say never!"

Gah! What was I thinking?

1 comment:

The Gilberts said...

We are oddly in synch here! I got American Tale part 1 and 2 last month through netflix and Jackson has been saying "NEVER!!!" the same way. This is so weird because you and I obviously don't coordinate this stuff. I guess that's what makes us blood! So, yeah-- Christian has a "never!" buddy for a cousin. Jackson also likes to throw out "Silence!" from Snow White, which makes Peyton cry sometimse, but is just part of his theatrics and is pretty funny, in and of itself. :O)