Tuesday, June 25, 2013

family photos on capitol hill

We scheduled a photo shoot with friend/photographer Danelle Empey the morning before we left D.C. As we drove into the city that day there were big rain drops falling to the ground. The sky was gray and as usual, there was no way to tell when it might clear up. But we continued toward Capitol Hill, fingers crossed that we'd be able to make something work.

Two minutes after we parked the car the rain stopped. We stepped out quickly and Danelle started snapping away. The lighting was perfect and I'm so glad we decided to go for it, even though I was so tempted to cancel and just keep packing.

I don't love what Shane and I are wearing. Looking back he should have worn a darker suit and I wish I'd worn a long maxi to cover my white legs but what matters is we captured that moment in time with our boys and the end of our busy lives in the crazy/captivating/colorful city that is the capital of our great nation.









6 comments:

michelangelo said...

you think that your legs are white? ha!

really cute family.

Darla said...

I think the colors you chose were great. Beautiful. And so awesome that you took them in DC.

Laura said...

What a beautiful family! You're so clever to think of getting family pics before moving - the setting is awesome. You look gorgeous, by the way. I love your boys' saltwaters - so adorable...but, doesn't it hurt like crazy when they step on your foot wearing those things?

Jarae said...

Ivy,

Your family pics are gorgeous!!! You look so pretty. I'm glad you guys are doing so good.

Bonnie Weeks said...

I'm glad you got pictures there. I wish we would have done that before we left grad school. Good luck with your new transition. I felt like it took a good year in our new place to really feel excited about it being home. Now we're in 3 years and loving it!

Megan Guerrero said...

awesome! Love the last black and white one!!