We've decided to post a batch of wedding photos since people continue to e-mail us their favorites. We have yet to receive those taken by the professionals so we get really excited to have pictures sent over by friends and family who came out to celebrate with us in either California or Idaho. (So those of you who still have some you'd like to pass along -- now's your chance.)
The day of the wedding was seriously perfect -- right down to the 80-something degree temperature outside -- a nice surprise for a summer wedding in Sacramento. The only "glitch" in the system occurred at 6:30 am that morning when Ivy's hairdresser locked herself out of the salon and they had to to the grocery store to buy bobby pins and ended up doing her hair in the hairdresser's living room. (Let's just say Shane got a little nervous when Ivy didn't up at the temple promptly at 8 am to prepare for the ceremony.)
But, despite the delay, we were sealed for time and eternity in the Sacramento LDS Temple at 9 am. From there it was picture time and then lunch at our family's favorite chinese restaurant, Rice Express. From there we had a few hours to recover before attending a garden reception held in our honor at the home of Scott & Kathy Harrison (to whom we are forever indebted -- the whole set-up was gorgeous).
I'm try to post the pictures in slide format so those of you not wanting to scroll on forever don't have to. Here goes:
Oh, I'm also going to post the two photos our photographer in California had blown up for display at our reception -- I forgot I had those on file:
I love all the green in the background of this photo. If you didn't know already, that's my favorite color, and Shane was nice enough to let me use it all over the place -- announcements, flower arrangements, cake, shoes, ties -- you name it -- they were green.The day of the wedding was seriously perfect -- right down to the 80-something degree temperature outside -- a nice surprise for a summer wedding in Sacramento. The only "glitch" in the system occurred at 6:30 am that morning when Ivy's hairdresser locked herself out of the salon and they had to to the grocery store to buy bobby pins and ended up doing her hair in the hairdresser's living room. (Let's just say Shane got a little nervous when Ivy didn't up at the temple promptly at 8 am to prepare for the ceremony.)
But, despite the delay, we were sealed for time and eternity in the Sacramento LDS Temple at 9 am. From there it was picture time and then lunch at our family's favorite chinese restaurant, Rice Express. From there we had a few hours to recover before attending a garden reception held in our honor at the home of Scott & Kathy Harrison (to whom we are forever indebted -- the whole set-up was gorgeous).
I'm try to post the pictures in slide format so those of you not wanting to scroll on forever don't have to. Here goes:
Oh, I'm also going to post the two photos our photographer in California had blown up for display at our reception -- I forgot I had those on file:
Not my favorite picture -- maybe just because I'm my own worst critic -- but I wish someone had fixed my hair and I think my twisted neck looks like something from "Death Becomes Her," (if you know what I mean, you are probably Laura Hobson) but Shane really seems to like it. And I guess our photographer Debby has never gotten the reflection on the marble of the temple to turn out so well -- so kudos to her for a job well done.




3 comments:
looks awesome ives...i almost want a blog...i should probably practice first by writing on the family one...
You are so crazy gorgeous Ivy, I should stop looking at your pictures because it makes me jealous. Especially when I am big pregnant! ;) Love the pics.
OH, sorry Shane didn't mean to leave you out. You look very handsome too! :)
Post a Comment