Friday, June 3, 2011

coupon: good for one new grandbaby

My parents have been in Europe for nearly three weeks and when they arrived home the other day this "coupon" greeted them in the mail, along with Shane's law school graduation announcement and photos of the big day.

It's kind of hard to read online -- I saved it for printing on paper so it's a little small for the web. (Can you tell I'm really hooked on this painted chevron pattern..?)

We did the same thing for Shane's parents, and sent a similar coupon for "one new niece or nephew" to our siblings. A coupon for "one new great-grandbaby" was sent to my grandparents and my sister just informed me that this baby will likely be our Grandma and Grandpa Sellers' 100th great-grandchild. (I say "likely" because with so many cousins out there I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has good news they've been sitting on as well -- but still, pretty cool concept all in all.)

So there you have it -- Christian will finally be a big brother sometime around November 21 -- just in time for the holidays.

10 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Ivy!! I'm so excited for you guys. What a year of changes! Will you be staying out east or are you heading west? Keep us all posted. You're amazing!!

Jonathan and Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan and Rachel said...

YAY!! Congratulations ... so excited for you guys. So excited that we "4" roommates will all have little ones within the same year!! Hugs to ya!

Sarah and Trent said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting...and what a cute idea!

Jarae said...

Oh that is so exciting! Congrats! I'm excited to tell Steve now. Congrats to Shane too for graduating. What a HUGE accomplishment. :) Hopefully we will get to see you guys again soon.

Brooke said...

You already know how excited I am about this news, but I'll say it again, YEA! Can't wait! And Christian will be an awesome big brother :)

M & J Bowerbank said...

Congrats Ivy! That is wonderful news! How exciting!

cameron said...

yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!

Jones said...

Yay! I didn't want to say anything, but you've been on my radar for a couple months now :) Sooo excited for you guys! Are you going with Birthcare again?

Melissa Bluey said...

Wow! Congrats! this is so exciting!