Monday, August 8, 2011

chad is home: updated w/photos

We snapped a quick photo with Chad before his official release as a missionary. This was hours after meeting him at the airport, stopping for a late lunch and visiting grandparents so we were all feeling a little bit worn out. Still, it was a such a fabulous day and we're enjoying our time with him out here in sunny (yet dry!) California. More photos to come.

***

I decided to add the highlight reel from our day down below. Tanner, Jackson and Christian had cute matching "tie" shirts we put together before heading to the airport, along with missionary name tags, just for fun.

From the airport we went to IN-N-OUT Burger, where Christian scarfed the "vegetarian" burger we were supposed to share (I ended up ordering another -- don't think for a minute this pregnant lady didn't insist on eating lunch). After that we took Chad to see the grandparents -- both Wiley and Sellers -- before he went to be released as a missionary.

Once home, we all went for an early evening swim and teased Chad about his farmer's tan (unavoidable when you aren't allowed to swim for two years). Needless to say, we all slept very well that night.


trying to wait....patiently...

it felt like he was the last one off the plane...of course
Tanner was so happy to be reunited with his big brother
Dylan thought he might be taller than Chad by now...wishful thinking


Grandpa Wiley met us at the airport too



Chad thoroughly enjoying his burger (?)

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Seems like he was just a little kid when we were serving together! I can't believe he's already home. I'm so glad you were able to make it out there. Good luck with the pregnancy and all that fun stuff!

Darla said...

How great, Ivy!! Was it so fun to see him?! I bet your family is in heaven right now! Welcome home, Chad!