Wednesday, October 12, 2011

34 weeks

I entered week 34 feeling pretty good about life. I ran five miles Saturday (much to my surprise) without stopping (thanks to supportive friends).

Then yesterday I managed to throw up in just about every room in the house. Awesome. You can probably imagine how excited I was to go to work after that and then scrub things down again last night.

Observations:

- Baby feels like he's dropped a bit or something -- he's not nearly as stuffed up in my rib cage and my mid-back pain has eased.

- At the same time, baby seems to have doubled in size over the past few days (makes sense since he's supposed to be about five lbs. now). My old stretch marks are pink yet again and sitting in traffic is getting so uncomfortable. (Side note: Christian seems to feel my pain and sits in the car lately with his hands on his head saying: "Go, go, go!")

- Sleep is getting rough. I toss and turn from side to side. My hip joints ache by the time I get up. Running helps relieve some of the aches, gets my circulation going.

- I've also noticed my vision blurring a bit, and I've got the dry eyes going on, another typical symptom at this point in the game.

- Getting anxious about baby's arrival. I feel like I'm counting down -- and I've still got several weeks to go. I can't wait to meet this little guy, can't wait to get a good night's rest, and -- let's be honest -- can't wait to start seeing the scale go down instead of up.

- Speaking of which, I need to check the official records but I think I now am weighing in at the same place I was when Christian was delivered. Yikes. And I've still got a ways to go.

No comments: