Oh Sweet Christian,
Hard to believe you've hit the two-and-a-half mark. You will quickly turn three and then where will we be?
Thanks for being my favorite little pal through these past couple of years. With your dad working by day, going to school by night, we've had quite a lot of one-on-one time and somehow you still put up with me and let me cuddle you in my arms each night.
You've put up with so much in your short time on earth -- crazy work/sleep schedules, on-the-go meals, four nannies/babysitters and last-minute hand-offs, late-night errands and trips to the metro (all in your pjs), oh and countless Young Women lessons and activities. ;)
You are so full of energy and curiosity and sometimes it's a bit overwhelming but I really do love you for it. You see the world in a completely different way and I love that you want me to see it that way too. No matter what I'm in the middle of, it's impossible not to give in when you call out "Mama" and ask me to watch your newest trick or grab my hand and drag me over to see your newest project.
I'm so sorry I've been a bit impatient with you lately and so short on energy. I promise I won't be like this forever (hopefully only a month or so to go before things start to change). I appreciate you putting up with my poor meal planning of late (read: breakfast for dinner 3x a week) as well as my need to lay on my side after work while you keep us both entertained.
I'm so sorry I've been a bit impatient with you lately and so short on energy. I promise I won't be like this forever (hopefully only a month or so to go before things start to change). I appreciate you putting up with my poor meal planning of late (read: breakfast for dinner 3x a week) as well as my need to lay on my side after work while you keep us both entertained.
With fall in full swing, you couldn't be happier than when you're exploring outside. You love everything about nature. Finding the moon is probably at the top of your list, followed closely by collecting rocks and leaves, spotting squirrels and birds, and jumping in ever mud puddle that crosses your path. The other night you took a rock to bed with you, as your "toy" for the night. Your appreciation of the little things really helps your dad and I put things back into perspective.
Lately your favorite spot in the apartment is atop your windowsill. You can hoist yourself up there before I can count to three and then you open the blinds and spend time waving at the neighbors or reading a book. Last night you tried to lie down on it with a pillow. Your dad and I couldn't help but laugh.
Oh, and just for the record, you are still a fabulous hugger but your new fascination with L-O-N-G kisses cracks us up. Hilarious. I'm afraid you'll get stuck to my cheek one of these days.
Oh, and just for the record, you are still a fabulous hugger but your new fascination with L-O-N-G kisses cracks us up. Hilarious. I'm afraid you'll get stuck to my cheek one of these days.
We adore you, little man. Don't ever forget it.

2 comments:
Oh cute Christian. His smiley face makes me so happy everytime I see him!
Sad to miss his cute face in november!
Post a Comment