Wednesday, April 17, 2013

national arboretum

As much as our trip to California made me anxious to move westward, today was definitely one of those days that helped me to re-appreciate D.C. and all it has to offer. I know without a doubt that whenever we leave, it will be a very hard day indeed. Not only is there so much do do and see, there are so many people we have come to love.

Today my friend Brooke and I took our kids to the National Arboretum to enjoy some fresh air and spring weather. It was such a nice day that even sitting on the 14th Street bridge for nearly an hour in traffic didn't ruin our spirits.

 elated to be out of the car and free to run around

he was only content once he had not one but three sticks in his possession 

a minute after i took this photo the park police hollered for him to get out of the tree -- whoops! 

 play area at the youth garden



time to get wet 

sweet mama + baby moment

 can't really get enough of that face -- she's so smiley!

 or that face

or those toes 

 ben, the karate kid

at this point the older boys were completely in the fountain 

 soaked but happy as can be


I hope Brooke will forgive me for sneaking in the shots of her and her sweet kids. She's such a fabulous mom that I can only hope some of her amazingness rubs off on me.

No comments: