I kicked off my birthday weekend with a trip to Eastern Market with my little men. It's one of my favorite places for a morning outing -- they serve a great breakfast if you can stand to wait in line and there's always a new vendor to check out at the flea market, along with the usual favorites. And being that it's the longest running fresh produce market in D.C. it brings with it loads of character and charm.
The boys were troopers, but after three hours they were done. Unfortunately, on the way to lunch with family, Christian threw up in the car so the next few hours were divided between hosing him off, cleaning out the car, washing the carseat, getting Pierce down for a nap -- and wishing Shane could magically teleport himself back into town.
But we made it through the rest of the weekend, managing to squeeze in some more awesome eats along the way (after all, aren't birthdays all about eating?) and enjoy some quality down time for reading, cuddling, and napping before Shane returned late Sunday night.
All in all it was a low-key birthday, which is just what I was hoping for. Of course, I wish Shane had been around to celebrate but between all the phone calls, birthday cards/packages and FB posts, I couldn't help but feel blessed knowing I have such a fabulous support network of loved ones here in D.C. and around the world.












2 comments:
So glad you had a great birthday! I love how you didn't let a little throw-up ruin your plans...just hosed him off and kept going. Like a true mother! :) Too bad Shane wasn't able to be there. But, I just heard the news - how AWESOME that you're moving back to Cali!! We are SO SO SO happy for you guys!!!! Wahoo!
so fun! though i wish that breakfast was mine. DELICIOUS!
Post a Comment