Tuesday, February 24, 2009

cravings

i can't say that i've had the odd cravings you hear about with pregnancy (are they mostly a myth?) but i will say that when i decide something sounds good, it's hard to talk myself into something else.

one of my favorite treats is trader joe's roasted vegetable pizza with fresh avocado mashed on top. for better or for worse, my cousin, amy, introduced me to it a while back and now there are times when nothing else will satisfy. pair it with hot soup or carrot juice and i'm a happy camper. plus, no cheese means my tummy appreciates it too.

it really is delicious. shane won't touch carrot juice with a 10-ft. pole but i catch him stealing slices of the pizza every now and again -- all the while denying how tasty it really is.

my other weakness is definitely dark chocolate. nothing new there but it sure hits the spot at times -- especially when coupled with raw almonds. yum.

5 comments:

The Gilberts said...

Those all sound delicious to me! I love amy's pizza and did not realize i could get it at trader joes.. dark chocolate I definitely craved as well.

Webster Family said...

I have been to Trader Joe's several times since I got back and have meant to ask you which pizza it is again...because I too (although not pregnant!!) have been craving it!! I already enjoyed a bowl of tomato soup but I need that pizza already!!

cameron said...

i always wonder if it's rumor... sounds tasty though.. not the dark chocolate though... GROSS

Laura said...

Wow, that looks pretty yummy. Myth or not I had some definite cravings while expecting my little kiddos - usually in the first trimester. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I could eat spaghetti and chocolate milk every day if I was only cooking for myself.

Joneses family said...

That looks so good! I am getting s excited for you! Yeah!