Monday, May 30, 2011

a hot & happy memorial day

Memorial Day breakfast with at local church congregation. Tribute to our veterans then and now. Time at the park with good friends (and 95-degree weather!). Afternoon naps with the air conditioner blasting. Dinner of black bean burgers, sweet potato fries, seasoned cucumbers and buttermilk onion rings. All topped off with root beer floats.

Feeling so grateful today for the nation in which we live and the men, women and their families who have sacrificed so much to preserve the freedoms we take for granted every day.


May God continue to bless America and all those working to protect her.

4 comments:

cameron said...

I wish I ate dinner with you. tasty

Darla said...

Like this. Buttermilk onion rings! Yum! Recipe??

Darla said...

p.s. I like that you did something patriotic for Memorial Day, is what I meant. Of course, I also liked your menu. (; I still have yet to find a black bean burger that I like!

Webster Family said...

what a handsome picture of christian! he and Vi will be so great together. ;) please send any recipes my way too! YUM!