This little guy started his first week with an official babysitter on Monday. Her name is Soumya but all the kids call her Titi, including Christian. Up till now we've been fortunate enough to have friends and family watch Pierce for us, which has been a real blessing (there's something so different about being able to have him watched at or near our home). At the same time, we're excited for the boys to finally be together all day, every day. Christian has been over-the-moon at the prospect of having Pierce with him and I hope his enthusiasm continues now that his wish came true.
Even though it's the same babysitter that I've dropped Christian off with for nearly two years I still got emotional that first day (and today, too, if I'm being honest). I handed him off and went back to get all the bags (it's ridiculous how many bags we leave the house with every morning -- my purse, my pumping bag, Christian's lunch bag and extra bag with books and clothing, and now Pierce's bottle bag) and when I returned he was sitting on the floor laughing with Christian so as much as I wanted to linger I just sucked it up and waved good-bye, fighting back the tears as I hurried to the car. I hate to think of all the precious moments I'll miss out on, just as I did with Christian.
What a blessing it is for mothers to get to stay home with their kids! Although I'm sure there are some days you'd rather drop them off, you really don't know how lucky you are.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Totally. It's amazing how whenever I am leaving them with a sitter (even just for a date) I start to feel like all I really want to do is hang out with them. Odd, when sometimes just moments before I was thinking I'd like nothing better than just a little break!!
I can't imagine working full-time and keeping up as an awesome mom, like you do. Motherhood is a crazy balancing act, and you handle it with grace.
oh, and btw, I hit up TJ's and Costco at least every other week. Make me a list! Dead serious.
xoxo
he is so dang cute!! I will never forget how hard it was just to leave Max home with Mallori when I went to class that last semester. Hang in there sis...the sun is rising :)
I wish I could come watch them for you. I just need to move a little closer or you would need to come here. You are amazing and your boys are so lucky to have you. Best of luck!! Maybe you just need to bring them to Arizona on vacation so you can play all day with them and Rox and I. Miss you!!
Post a Comment