Hard to believe it but nine years ago today I entered the Missionary Training Center, met one of my very dearest friends, and began a life-changing adventure. During my 18 months as a missionary serving the people of the Canary Islands, I learned more about the love God has for his children and came to understand better the purpose of this life on earth -- and the importance of our Savior's role -- better than I ever could have otherwise. I was blessed to come in contact with some of the most amazing people I will ever know. I will forever be grateful for the lessons I learned from them and from my time in the islands.
If anyone out there is considering serving a mission, do it. You will never regret it. I can't wait to go again someday with Shane as my companion. ;)
Monday, June 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute title post. I can't believe it has been 9 years. Wow! Missions are such great experiences, but so much work. Best decision ever, but I'm just glad it's behind me. Being a mom is also a lot of work too though:) Have you been back to visit your mission?
Awwww..... the memories! :)
Post a Comment