{Obviously this isn't me. But doesn't she wear the bump well? I wish I could say I'm that cute pregnant.}Over the past week and a half I've been coming to terms with the inevitable fact that I can no longer avoid maternity clothes. (Although, I do have to say that the "BellaBand" knock-offs I picked up at Target are sheer genius. I can still wear my regular black dress pants to work with the help of one of those babies. Same with my regular jeans.)
Don't get me wrong -- I recognize it's a blessing to be able to carry a child in the first place. I just wish I could be better at channeling the pregnant women around me who "wear" it so well.
Maybe I'm the only who feels so "exposed" during pregnancy? There's just something about when that pregnancy bump becomes so obvious that even perfect strangers know your secret that kind of weirds me out.
On the flip side, it's a relief when you no longer just look like you have scarfed down too many donuts and your stomach has a very obvious pregnant shape.
How's that for looking on the bright side?
6 comments:
I think you ARE that cute pregnant. You totally rocked the maxi, cardi and belt on Sunday! Embrace that bump girl!
Hi Ivy. I found your blog and laughed when I read this post because it perfectly describes how I felt about being pregnant. I completely agree with your comment about feeling exposed. I remember feeling just that, plus kind of embarrassed, too. Perhaps it was because I know I look young to others and I felt like they thought I was too young to be pregnant, like a teen-pregnancy case--especially when my fingers were too swollen to wear a wedding ring half way through! Anyway, your little boy is darling and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Brittany Richman (Candrian)
I can totally relate to this. By the end, I just felt like I was wearing the same three shirts that covered my belly, and melting in the DC weather.
I'm sure you're adorable though.
girl... i loved the belly band. I could wear my own jeans for almost 7 months!!!! i want to see a picture of this belly... I KNOW YOU WHERE IT WELL... AS FOR ME. HECK NO. I'M TOO SICK TO GET READY. BEN FORCES ME TO SHOWER.
PS. YES I WISH WE LIVED CLOSE - OUR BOYS WOULD BE BEST FRIENDS.
Thanks for the kind comments, gals!
And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles feeling "exposed." Maybe it will be easier this time around because half the girls at my office are pregnant too -- and last time it was me and only me clumsily sliding around my desk and growing out of my work clothes.
Post a Comment